commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "ReleaseShoppingList" by RobertBurrellDonkin
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:54:44 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RobertBurrellDonkin:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ReleaseShoppingList

The comment on the change is:
More information about problems compiling against 1.3

  A: (BrettPorter looking into this)

+ (More Info)
+ It feels like the 'maven way' would be to specify the target JVM in the POM. Of course,
it's not that easy. One of the wrinkles is that it may be that the way I've always done targetted
releases (using a JVM of the current vintage) is not actually the right way. The problem is
that older compilers may have bugs which have been addressed in later releases. So, AFAIK
the best advice is to use -bootclasspath set and then use a modern JVM with the correct flags
set.
+
  == IDE Friendly Source And Javadoc Jars ==

  Modern IDEs can associate javadoc and source jars with the binaries. We haven't distributed
these in the past but doing so would make many folks very happy.