commons-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [jcl] mocks
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:56:21 GMT
--- robert burrell donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 00:17 -0800, Wade Chandler
> wrote:
> > --- Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > I think you've described exactly what
> > > commons-logging currently does.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> > Yep...someone noticed.  I don't see why people
> > complain over it...yet that is... considering the
> jar
> > sizes.  Technically once a setup/configuration is
> > setup it's finished.  Which the end result is it
> takes
> > up just as much time to set a property as it does
> > write a line of code.
>
> if you want to understand why people complain, stick
> around and help us
> with the development ;)
>
> it's a small library but a difficult subject. we
> need more eyes and more
> hands with energy for the problem...
>
> - robert

So what are the biggest complaints?  Is there a list
of the most complained about issues some where?  Is
the only complaint that someone needs to configure a
propeties file, or is it that they have to add a few
more kilobytes to their application?  I would be glad
to help where I can.  Is there a page on the dev site
about current issues or the complaints?

Wade