commons-dev mailing list archives

From Herak Sen <herak...@yahoo.com>
Subject [email] Using Templates for Mail Message
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:25:27 GMT
Hi,
A very common method which I use for setting messages is by loading from an external file
and replace some tokens with desired values.
For e.g.
  AUTO-GENERATED MESSAGE FOLLOWS. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
  Hello,
  You have been successfully registered.
  Login Detail
  login :@LOGIN@
  pwd :@PWD@
  After reading this file, I replace @LOGIN@ and @PWD@ with the appropriate values and then
send the contents.
I was wondering whether such feature could be incorporated in API.
There could be a class something like the following
  public class Template{
    private String template;
    public Template(InputStream in){
       template=loadTemplate(in);
    }
    public String replaceTokens(Map map){
     //Replace all string within @@
      return template;
    }
  }

  May be have a more sophisticated implementation for various data sources.
  Please share your views.

Thanks
Herak

 Yahoo! Personals