commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checking Release Candidates - Wiki Page
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 05:20:49 GMT

> I've requested clarification from Simian. I'll post or paraphrase the
> response here.

Well that was fast! Herewith the response from Simon Harris at RedHill
Consulting, makers of Simian:

----------
Martin,
I might change the wording. The intent is that open-source projects have an
implicit license to use Simian--unlike IntelliJ for example which require
that you apply for one. The license isn't transferable.

I hope that clears things up. If not, just ping me again and I'll see what I
can do to help :)

Cheers,

Simon

So I don't believe there's any issue in including Simian reports in Commons
docs or sites (or any other ASF docs or sites, for that matter).

--
Martin Cooper