commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HELP! - WAS: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1?
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:04:09 GMT

> On 12/3/05, Steve Cohen <scohen@javactivity.org> wrote:
> > Nope, 1.6.
> >
> > This is sort of what I meant when I said it's harder to do these
> > releases.  How is one supposed to KNOW what versions of these 30 or 40
> > plugins you have to have in order to build a release?
> >
> > Does Jakarta or Jakarta-commons have a page that tells you the minimum
> > maven setup needed to do a site release?  If not, it probably should
> > have.  I know this is a dynamic process, but this is nuts.
>
> Good point.  Right now http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/building.html
> just contains the statement "Be sure to follow the instructions for
> upgrading the plugins to the latest releases."

Is it just me going blind, or are those instructions missing? All I see is a
link to a page that has a big list of plugins. I don't see instructions on
upgrading my plugins. ;-(

We could either doc
> the full set there or check in the output of maven --info as a text
> file in commons-build, making changes to that as necessary.  I would
> recommend the second option, with a link on the "building" page.  I
> will do that if no one beats me to it.

+1 to the second option. +1000 to a script that will automatically update my
Maven installation with those versions of the plugins. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper