commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Commons Manual
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:42:51 GMT

> Let's imagine a manual existed for Commons committers. It would assume
> that a committer understands the ASF, ie) they've read the
> Apache-Committer-Manual (imagine that exists too). What would the
> chapters be?
>
> Initial list:
>
> * Short description of Commons/Introduction.
> * Communication. How to use the mailing lists. Voting.
> * Subversion information. How to check code out.
> * Maven information. How to build.
> * Site information. How to generate the site. How to upload your changes.
> * Releasing. How to release.
> * PMC. What they're there for (Commons point of view).
> * Legal. How to not screw-up.
>
> Am I missing anything?

Not sure if these would be in the "committers manual" or elsewhere, as I'm
similarly not sure that all of the above should be part of the manual rather
than for everyone to read.

* How the sandbox works / how components get promoted.
* The whole active / dormant / dead process.

--
Martin Cooper

Idea, if it's not obvious, is to bring together the various bits of