commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Callebaut <benoit.calleb...@euphonynet.be>
Subject Re: [vfs] hard coded stuff in properties file
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:40:57 GMT
Hello Mario,
Paul Libbrecht from the Jelly team asked me to write complete unit tests
to for my changes. He suggested to write tests for every protocol.

To do that, I need to reproduce the test environment on my system at
home. I have a dedicated personal server that is not yet fully
configured and I don't have WMWare. I need to configure my server anyway
so if I can configure it to run Apache tests it is even better for me.

Here I quoted the remarck of Paul
"That seems annoying to insert yet another dependence, or ?
Services for the test ? Would that run with gump ?
"
To try to answer to those questions, I have some questions:

* VFS is part of the GUMP build process right ?

* If so, if I use the same properties in the Jelly project to test my
VFS related stuff, there must be no problem (system is already
configured)

* To test my tests can somebody send me the information to setup a
compatible build environment ?

* Do I need to use GUMP to be sure that I don't introduce odd problems ?

Merry Christmas an Happy new year to all of you !

Benoit.