commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <>
Subject Re: Don't count out NIO just yet; check out "Grizzly"
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:55:35 GMT
On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:41 -0500, David Smiley wrote:
> Last I recall, the HTTPClient team abandoned the idea of an NIO based
> HTTPClient implementation since testing that Oleg did turned up poor
> results.

This is not exactly what the outcome was. So far I have seen no evidence
of NIO offering any advantages compared to classic IO for _blocking_
HTTP, that is when the request / response content is to be produced /
consumed using OutputStream / InputStream interfaces. HttpComponents
will support NIO as a separate module for event driven (non-blocking)

Hope this clarifies things