commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Yannick Menager" <ymena...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VFS] Contributions to the project
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:23:16 GMT
Been thinking about this, and you're absolutely right... My preference
also has always been for the constrained approach, but my mind was a bit
stuck on my 'remote vfs' usecase *sheepish grin*

Actually nevermind what i said about having an optional loose API, but i
think i have a much better idea:

Require services to provide the meta-data information that could then be
transfered and exposed to the client. Using either anotations on 1.5, or
for example an xml file on older systems.

i.e.:

class SvnCheckout {
  /**
   * @@vfs.service-argument description='bla bla' optional='true'
   */
  public void setPort( int port ) {
  }
}

and of course provide API to easily access that information
independently of it using 1.5 or a fallback method.