commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Panchenko <alex+n...@olmisoft.com>
Subject Re[4]: Gump & VM
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:49:37 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:

>> Probably you should look at java.rmi.server.UID -- the millis are
>> checked only when internal counter reaches its limit.

> This violates the requirement to recalculate the creation time from
> the id ...

Why do you need to recalculate the creation time from the id ?

Usually it is enough that ids are in a natural order.

Please note, that code in java.rmi.server.UID waits while time is
increased in at least a second, since time syncing is usually done in
smaller fractions.

--
Best regards,
 Alexey                            mailto:alex+news@olmisoft.com