commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: [all] Javapolis speech on Commons
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:43:09 GMT
Stephen,

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to send you some "blurbs" about Commons
Proxy.  How did your talk go?  Our local java user group wants me to present
in January and I thought about maybe doing a talk kind of like yours on the
new and up-coming projects in the commons.  Was it well received?

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:scolebourne@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:45 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [all] Javapolis speech on Commons

I will be giving a 15 minute speech on Commons at Javapolis, I titled it
'new and upcoming at commons'

Now there is very little I can really cover in 15 minutes, but does
anyone have any comments?

At present my prsentation is all about collections/lang/io (examples of
using new classes) as that is what I know best, but it hardly seems
balanced!

Any views on whether I should abandon the examples and just focus on
descriptions? What would you want from a 15 minute talk on commons? What
do you think our users would want?

Stephen