commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move SCXML to Commons Proper
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:17:55 GMT
I had a look around SCXML 1 or 2 months ago and liked the idea of it,
although I don't currently have a use for it. It is/was my intention to get
more familiar with the code in the new year and help out where I can -
having said that I'm full of good intentions that don't always materialize,
so apologies in advance if I let you down on this front.

Following recent discussions about components having too few active
committers, SCXML was/is top of my list for "Adopt a Component" - which
was/is my main motivation for indicating interest. So basically, as long as
you/someone is actively developing/supporting SCXML I'll try and help out.

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:02 AM

On 12/21/05, Dion Gillard <dion.gillard@gmail.com> wrote:
> How many active developers are there for SCXML?

<snip/>

I believe you mean Commons committers?

I have done most of the development since Commons SCXML was created.

Other Commons committers who have expressed interest in participating
(in the past or in the future), include:
 * Martin Cooper (see Project team page, played a key role in the
creation of the SCXML component)
 * Niall Pemberton ("Future" components interest, CommonsPeople wiki page)

Ofcourse, I do not speak for either of them, or their current stand on
this proposal :-)

There have been users who have helped with development in terms of
ideas and code (Jaroslav Gergic, James Barnett, Mike Sparr). There are
others users who have done development to suit their needs that I'm
aware of (but have not contributed back to Commons).

-Rahul