commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [transaction] Duplicated TxId generation under heavy load
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:16:13 GMT
Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann <at> gmail.com> writes:

> To me it seems generatedUniqueTxId does exactly as advertised in
> Javadocs. Don't you agree?

No. :) This dismisses my argument about externally generated ids, yes. But two
different threads calling generateUniqueTxId() at the same time still get the
same "unique" id as the first thread calling this method does not "preserve" the
id. So the current implementation does not fulfill the "contract" mentioned in
the Javadocs.

> You simply need something different as it seems. Unique Id generators
> - that's what you need - are easy to find, even in the Jakarta Commons
> Project :)

For the externally generated ids I agree.

Jörg