commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [transaction] XAResource wrapper for commons transaction
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:29:25 GMT
Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > 1. Commons transaction is not prepared for JNDI.
>
> Honestly, I have no idea what this is all about. Could you explain?

Hello Oliver,

to be honest I do neither know that much about it. My impression was that most
of the JTA transaction manager use JNDI for binding and looking up the
resources. And this is mostly coupled with RMI.

Now when I tried to bind my XAFileResource or the commons transaction
FileResourceManager to my JNDI context (=> RMI) I got the exception that one of
those interfaces must be implemented.

I already worked with IBM's DB2XADataSource and the more common
StandardXADataSource of ObjectWeb's XAPool both implementing
javax.naming.Referenceable [1]. Now there is the question if this is really an
issue of FileResourceManager or just of my wrapper. So it might be something for
your AbstractXAResource too. From what I understand this Reference/Referenceable
stuff seems to be some factory mechanism, but I hoped to get some more
information here.

Regards,

Jörg

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/naming/Referenceable.html