commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <>
Subject Re: [vfs][VOTE] release version 1.0
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:10:00 GMT
On 11/14/05, Mario Ivankovits <> wrote:
> Hi Stephen!

> > The jar was built with JDK1.4. Are targetting only JDK1.4? If you
> > target 1.2/1.3, then it is possible that your jar won't work. I
> > recommend compiling using the earliest JDK possible.
> Sure, but e.g. commons-net 1.4.0 was built with 1.4 too (+target 1.4),
> and thus I cant use the 1.3 compiler as the build will fail if I do so.
> As far as I know the next NET version will be able to use target 1.3
> again, then I'll revert to use a java 1.3 compiler with maven too.
> Anyway, VFS uses target=1.3 and I use the jdk 1.3 libraries during
> development - so if your setup is correct (xml apis, java crypto, ...)
> it should work.

If at all possible, it's better to get commons-net fixed as well :-)

And if you can, compile with 1.3, rather than 1.4 if you are
targetting 1.3, as there are methods that can creep into a 1.4
compiler that wont be available in 1.3.

Bernard Shaw

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: