commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven build fixes affecting almost all projects
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:11:25 GMT
Questions:

1) The javadoc dependency in attributes/compiler/project.xml has been
commented out. Why?
2) cli/project.xml has changed from current version 2.0 to 2.0-SNAPSHOT. Why?
3) codec/project.xml has changed from current version 1.3 to 1.4-SNAPSHOT. Why?
4) betwixt/project.xml has a change which places a directory element
inside an includes element. According to the docs on
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/project-descriptor.html#class_UnitTest
this is not correct.
5) chain/apps/agility/project.xml changes an incorrect version element
with a version of 1.0.0 into a correct currentVersion element with
1.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Why the version increase?
6) chain/apps/mailreader/project.xml changes an incorrect version
element with a version of 1.0.0 into a correct currentVersion element
with 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Why the version increase?
7) chain/apps/mailreader/project.xml  changes do not fix the bad
resource elements, they simply remove them.
8) cli/project.xml changes currentVersion to 2.0-SNAPSHOT from 2.0. Why?
9) jelly/jelly-tags/project.xml changes currentVersion from 1.0 to
1.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Why?

> On 11/2/05, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 11:16 +1100, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > > Carlos, I think we the developers should work with you on this one.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > probably more effective that way
> >
> > but i'm comfortable about proposing commons karma for any existing
> > apache committer who wants it.
>

> I have taken a look at Carlos' patch and what it does is:
>
> 1) Change all current development version specs from -dev to -SNAPSHOT
> 2) Introduces artifactId, groupId (in some cases, not everywhere?)
> 3) Introduces scope tags for dependencies (in some cases)
> 4) Eliminates some (unused?) resources elements from chain's build section
> 5) Eliminates empty id, organization, email from contributors
>
> None of these look (to me) like they will affect builds or cause
> problems.  We should probably all agree that we want to follow the
> "maven way" in 1); though and test all of the builds before
> committing.  I am willing to test all of the builds and then commit if
> others are OK with this.  If I hear no objections, I will do this in a
> couple of days.  In the mean time, it would be good for a [chain]
> committer to look at the mods to there.
>
> Thanks, Carlos.
>
> Phil

Bernard Shaw