commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Complex operations and C99x compliance
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:40:03 GMT

> The links to MathWorld in ComplexUtils should be set to replace the
> entire frameset.

+0

<snip>

> The pow function should specify that it returns NaN for 0 to the zeroth
> power.

+1

> tan, atan and possibly other functions can return infinity. This should
> be noted. e.g. tan(pi/2 + 0i) is infinite.

Yes, I guess the statment " Infinite values in real or imaginary parts
of the input may result in infinite or NaN values returned in parts of
the result." should be edited to also indicate that infinite values
resulting from applying the real functions specified in the computing
formulas are passed on unchanged in the result.

Thanks.

Phil