commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [all][POLL] what files to fixcrlf for windows distributions
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:35:36 GMT

Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It turns out that it is required to fix the crlf (EOL) thing when
> building distributions for windows distributions.
> A "windows distribution" is a distribution packed as zip file.

Required by who and what is broken ?
And I don't agree that zips are windows distributions. I tend to download one distribution
(eg zip or tar.gz, depending on what I click) and use that on linux & windows, instead
of downloading it twice.
So I currently don't see a need to change line endings at all for distributions.

Mvgr,
Martin