commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Client-side Digester?
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:41:36 GMT
I can see where the Dojo parsing methods *will* make life easier... but
in just quickly glancing at the dojo.xml.domUtil methods, it only looks
like slightly more convenience than doing it myself.

By the way, is there more documentation online than the API outline
(http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/apis/index.shtml)?  That's not telling me a
whole lot, and I'd hate to miss something cool just because I was
looking in the wrong place :)

I've always felt that the Digester rules model, even though I have to
fight it sometimes to do what I want, is a very powerful approach that
really does save a great deal of time and effort, and I haven't seen
anything as truly useful anywhere else.  I think duplicating even a
small subset of that functionality in Javascript is different enough
from existing options that it might be worth some effort.