commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [collections] [functor] Split functors from collections
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:58:03 GMT
Does it actually need a deprecation release? The new component will have
the same classes in the same packages. The only difference is that users
will need to pickup another jar.

In fact, since this is the case, deprecation will actually cause
confusion to users. Depending on which is first in their classpath, they
user will get either the deprecated (from collections) or the
non-deprecated (from functors) version of the same class!

As to the functor sandbox component, I believe that is best developed
separately from commons. The interfaces just clash in name and design
with collections, that I think we would always have had problems
releasing it (even if it had got a community).

Stephen