commons-dev mailing list archives

From Marius Hanganu <>
Subject Re: [vfs] next things to do in vfs
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:19:45 GMT
Hi Mario,

As Robert mentioned, in Phileas there were some things we implemented
and consider implementing, such as:

a) writing to archive-type VFS (such as zip, jar, etc)
b) with phileas we thought of taking VFS to a new level by introducing
support to other hierarchical structures as well, not only file systems.
What if there would be file-content VFS extensions such as content for
generic XML files, for ant build files, for Java member and methods
classes, or other VFS extensions, like databases for example, or even
emails? Do you feel that VFS is suitable for these cases?
c) the means to pause an operation in progress