commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [vfs][VOTE] release version 1.0
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:48:32 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 release RC6 as 1.0
> [ ] -1 take some additional time

The release notes cover changes in RCs. For a 1.0 release, the release
notes should be clean and state that this is the first full release
(except if the software is already in really widespread use). There is
no real need to detail other changes unless you feel its essential.

The text files included in the release are all unix line endings. This
causes windows downloaders no end of trouble as we (unlike unix
developers) don't have easy access to eol dos2unix. One popular solution
is for zips to be windows eol, and tars to be unix. This requires a
custom ant script not a maven generated one

The jar was built with JDK1.4. Are targetting only JDK1.4? If you target
1.2/1.3, then it is possible that your jar won't work. I recommend
compiling using the earliest JDK possible.

As is, my vote is -0.

Stephen