commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: [net] ftp and hidden files in directory listing
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:56:06 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here is what I got from an VFS user:
>
>> I have one last quesion that I wanted to ask to one of the Commons Net
>> developpers because it does not appears in the FAQ I read. Here it is
>> : We are using the library to access a FTP server running under
>> Windows and
>> when we list the files in a directory, read only files are not listed !
>> In fact, is the list method of the FTPClient was issuing an "ls -a"
>> command
>> then the library would receive all the list. Here it seems that it issues
>> only an "ls -l" command. Is there a way to say which command should be
>> used
>> when using the list method ? or should we build ourselves the command
>> string, then send it to the server, and parse the results list ?
>

> What options do I have to issue a "LIST -a" instead of "LIST"?
> Or are you interesed in an patch which adds a method
> "FTPClient.setListHiddenFiles()"?
>
> Thanks!
> Mario

Hmm.  This is a new issue and should probably be logged as such.  I
wasn't aware that FTP under windows behaved that way.  Under unix, files
are listed without regard to permission.  And read-only files are not
the same thing as hidden files (although Windows FTP may be treating
them as such).  Sounds like a bug in Windows FTP.

Is there a way to retrieve hidden files separately from read-only?

This issue requires further discussion although we would be interested
in your patch.