commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daggumalli, Sivaji" <SDAGG...@amfam.com>
Subject [Validator] indexed/Array of Strings validation
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:42:50 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to use Commons Validator as standalone jar (outside of
struts) in my application.

I was wondering that whether the following scenarios are possible by
commons Validator either by default or by extending?

1)       Indexed fileds validation - in case of Array of Strings

         How to know which element index is failed, I mean in Validate
Result, so that I can highlight corresponding field in JSP?

     Validate all remaining indexed fileds in case of first element
index fails?

2)       There is list of special characters suppressed application wide

*       And then some of them are can be revoked/ reinstated per field

*       Ex: application wide suppressed special chars are       *&^%$'
(these global suppressed chars check should be run against all fields)

o        But first name is allowed for special char ' (single quote)

Is there anyway this can be done with commons Validator?

Thanks in advance

Siva