commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <>
Subject Re: feature addition proposal: disconnected jdbc statement
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:45:36 GMT
On 11/18/05, Raffaele Spazzoli <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've developed a class library to allow use of jdbc statements
> (Statement, PreparedStatement, CallableStatement) in a disconnected
> environment (i.e. a situation where a jdbc connection is not available).
> This library can be thought as the counterpart of the CachedResultSet
> class. I believe this library (about 6 classes) could be hosted in the
> common-dbutils project. Please let me know if you are interested.

This sounds somewhat similar to P6Spy, though with a different intent.
Wouldn't it be more useful to write a proxy jdbc driver that is able
to forward the requests if a connection is available, or cache the
request (possibly blocking the caller) until available ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message