commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Heaton" <>
Subject Jelly: New Tag Library?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:50:18 GMT
I'm working on creating a new tag library for Jelly that provides tags for working with the
new Java 5 Annotation Processing Tool
(APT).  I believe this tag library would be very useful for developers who wish to use APT
to generate source code or other
documents from java source.  Included in the list of tags would be XDoclet-like tags that
iterate through the declarations and types
of a given source base when the JellyContext is populated with the AnnotationProcessingEnvironment.

I have found Jelly could provide a much-needed abstraction on top of Sun's APT Mirror API
that would make APT much more useable.
Developers could write a simple Jelly script instead of implementing an AnnotationProcessor.
 The script would be a template of
sorts for the generated documents.  Basically, this tag library is to the APT api what JSP
is to the Servlet API.

I wanted to see if any Jelly developers would be interested in including this tag library
in the Jelly project, or if it should be
kept separate (perhaps in a SourceForge project).  Please consider the following:

1. This tag library would require Java 5.
2. Associated closely with this libarary would be the relevant implemenation classes for com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessor
any other APT-specific classes.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message