commons-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Sanchez <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven build fixes affecting almost all projects
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:22:54 GMT
SNAPSHOT is a reserved word used by maven. When you deploy an artifact
whose version has the word SNAPSHOT it gets automatically deployed
also as a dated version, eg. 1.0-SNAPSHOT gets deployed as
1.0-20051115.203021.

About the javadoc dependency, the patch is wrong, shouldn't be
commented. In the other hand IMHO it shouldn't generate a new jar but
depend on the tools.jar, which btw is closer to the approach used in
m2. Anyway we'll have to fix this pom manually when used in the m2
repo.