commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 1.2
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:38:54 GMT
On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:07 +0100, Oliver Heger wrote:
> There has been no reaction on this vote thread so far.
>
> Will I have to cancel this release because of lack of interest? :-(

sorry for join a little late :-/

hopefully stephen, phil and the rest of the release experts will jump in
sometime soon...

i have a few small points:

1 i'm not very happy about the download page
(http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.2RC2-docs/downloads.html) in the
project documentation section. should be directing people to use the official mirrors and
should be some notes about checking signatures or sums.

2 (minor point this one) the release notes could be improved: don't
forget that these will be well distributed and indexed so it's a good
idea to add at least a few specific details. so i'd be inclined to add
at least one new feature to "There are some new features as well."

3 the release has been compiled using 1.4.2: if commons-configuration is
supposed to support 1.3 jdks then this could be a problem unless you've
taken very careful steps.

4 i see you are distributing reports generated by simian. i trust that
you have an appropriate license.

- robert