commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [collections] New commons proper component - collections-functors
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:46:13 GMT
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 23:31 -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:
> +1 to the new library.
> I'm wondering if we reach a point where Collections wants Primitives
> and Collections-Functor as subcomponents. Tricky to handle with our
> current setup, but maybe an idea for the future.

i once thought that subcomponents were a reasonable idea. (logging
(unreleased) and beanutils have subcomponents.) experience has taught me
that really the separate component approach (used by primitives) is
better in the long run: sub-components tend to get hidden and increase
the complexity of the build and confused users. i really think that the
original vision: lots of small equal bricks has stood the test of time.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message