commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Meder <>
Subject Re: [resources] Preparation for a Release Candidate
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:05:16 GMT
On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:17 +0000, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> >From my point of view, unless someone objects, both these issues are
> now resolved.
> However, having looked in more detail at the code base, I feel that
> the ResourcesBase implementation could do with some improvement in its
> implementation of the content retrieval methods. I have created a
> bugzilla with my proposed changes for review (including JUnit tests)
> here:
> Comments/feedback would be much appreciated. I'm planning to commit
> these in a few days if there are no objections and then roll a release
> candidate.

I was just checking out the commons-resources source code for a project
I'm working on. Reading the source code I felt the same about the
ResourceBase implementation and after reading your patch I'm definitly
+1 on your changes.

I'm still wondering why the MessageFormat stuff from the Struts
MessageResources wasn't pushed down in commons-resources. I think it
would make sense to have the parametric replacement available in
commons-resources. Does anybody know why it wasn't pushed in when
commons-resources was split out from Struts ?