commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Meder <ch...@absolutegiganten.org>
Subject Re: [collections] [functor] Split functors from collections
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:41:27 GMT
On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 21:52 +0000, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Commons collections is a large jar file. Some users have issue with
> that. Those users tend to complain most about the functor part, which is
> an area of more religious feeling than the rest of collections.
>
> I want to float the idea therefore of splitting the functors away from
> collections. This was done once before with primitives.
>
> Proposal A is to create a new commons proper component [functors] which
> contains the functors subpackage and the four functor *Utils classes and
> releasing commons-functors.jar. The package name would not change (this
> is as per [primitives]). This proposal works because [functors] and
> [collections] could easily be on different release schedules.
>
> Proposal B is to just release [collections] as two jars,
> commons-collections (no functors) and commons-collections-functor.
>
> Thoughts?

Any naming problems with the functor sandbox component ? It's rather
quiet since quite a while but at least it's not officially dead.

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: chris@absolutegiganten.org

The Way-Seeking Mind of a tenzo is actualized
by rolling up your sleeves.

                (Eihei Dogen Zenji)