commons-dev mailing list archives

From Raffaele Spazzoli <rspazz...@imolinfo.it>
Subject Re: feature addition proposal: disconnected jdbc statement
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:30:56 GMT
The library is in effect an implementation of the statemets interface
that become a wrap in the connected phase. This is obtained using the
java.lang.reflect.Proxy API. I didn't wanted to write a proxy for the
entire JDBC API, starting from connection. This also because a lot of
objects can't be useful without a live connection. For the statements
things instead are different.
The problem I had with the jdbc API is that I can't do anything with
statements without a connection. So first you must connect, then build
and prepare the statement. I want to do this two things in the inverse
order: first build and prepare and then connect and execute.

bye
Raffaele