commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject RE: [net] "class file has wrong version 48.0, should be 47.0"
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:59:54 GMT
>From the commons-net project.properties file:

"maven.compile.target=1.4"

So, for some reason it is specifically targeting 1.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:mario@ops.co.at]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:55 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [net] "class file has wrong version 48.0, should be 47.0"

Hi!
> However, I'm not entirely sure how you are inferring that the problem
> here is 1.3 vs. 1.4.  You may know something I don't.  I'm not sure
> where the version 48.0 vs 47.0 is coming from.  I've never seen that
> before.
This happens if you compile with javac target=1.4 but running it in an
java 1.3 environment.
If I remember correctly java 5.0 is version 49.0

To be safe for the future you could use "target=1.3" for your javac
command. So as long as you do not use a 1.4 api you should be safe.

Maven - project.properties:
maven.compile.target = 1.3
maven.compile.source = 1.3

---