commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [proxy] ProxyFactory is now a class!
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:44:40 GMT
Per the suggestions from the group, I changed ProxyFactory to be a concrete
class rather than an interface (I don't like it, but it will be easier to
change in the future).  Now, ProxyFactory is essentially the
reflection-based implementation of the old interface.  Subclasses will
override the methods to provide more efficient proxies (like the CGLIB and
Javassist ones do).  Anyway, aside from changing the proposal a bit, I think
that was the last thing on my list for things I needed to do before proxy
could be ready for a release candidate.  Can a few of you more seasoned open
source gurus take a look at the new API and let me know if that will work
better?

Thanks,

James