commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: [math] math 1.1 RCs and FCS
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:09:36 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

> I understand, unfortunately this is against our release policy (at
> least publishing to ibiblio).  I will try to get the actual release
> out ASAP.

Just to understand - this release policy seems specific to the commons
math project, since other commons projects seem to deploy RCs and
snapshots.  If so - is there any specific reason for it?
If not on ibiblio - perhaps another URL on ASF where to deploy the jars?
They would be not be considered public releases - just like the zip and
tar.gz distributions.
IMO it would make it a lot easier to test the RCs in real production
projects and would benefit the commons math project.

Cheers