commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <>
Subject Re: [configuration] Checkstyle
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:07:42 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg <> writes:

If you are bothered about the Javadoc warnings, run the code through
Jalopy; it will fix up the javadocs with stubs containing the
parameters, return types and exceptions.

	Best regards

>Oliver Heger wrote:
>> I am having some fun fixing the numerous Checkstyle warnings.
>> One warning that is displayed very often is "Missing a Javadoc comment".
>> For Javadoc itself this is not much of a problem because the tool knows
>> how to inherit the comments from super classes or implemented
>> interfaces. But Checkstyle wants an explicit comment (the @inheritDoc
>> tag is not recognized either).
>> Personally I prefer to have Javadocs for all methods. This makes the
>> code more readable. But it would be a bunch of work to fix this now.
>> Other opinions? How is this handled by other components?

>I would not bother with these warnings, duplicating the javadoc in the
>subclasses is a pain to maintain and brings no benefit on code
>readability. With modern IDEs the description on the parent method is
>just one click away. I did put the @inheritDoc tags some time ago, but I
>don't think that was really a better choice.

>IMHO I would just drop these javadocs.

>Emmanuel Bourg

>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen          INTERMETA GmbH        +49 9131 50 654 0

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message