commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Nightly Build] Correcting Problems?
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:20:51 GMT
On 10/14/05, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Commons Validator (and others - see below) doesn't have binary versions of
> the nightlies available:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-validator/
>
> I assume wherever they're being built the build is failing? Are the nightly
> builds still running on Craig McClanahan's machine? If not can anyone point
> me in the direction of how to check/resolve this?
<snip/>

Having done this recently, I know that the nightlies are running on
Craig's machine (unless this changed over the last week or two) and
they run ant (the requirement is 'ant clean dist' should produce the
required artifacts).

It appears the current validator ant build file is quite out of date.
Surprisingly, even a maven gen'd one failed to build for me.

The results are here:

http://people.apache.org/~rahul/validator/

I suspect there are similar issues with the rest of the components as
well. Abiding by the above requirement, the nightlies have worked well
for me.

-Rahul