commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons general] Graph ADT Library?
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 04:27:09 GMT
On 10/31/05, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 11:43 -0800, Hernan Silberman wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good set of Java classes for
> > representing Graph abstract data types.  Specifically, I'm dealing with a
> > homegrown representation of a directed acyclic digraph (DAG) and find it very
> > lacking.  I've read a little about jakarta commons graph and graph2 and assume
> > they're no longer active projects (and they're not in the sandbox).
>
> neither of the sandbox components really got any community momentum (too
> few developers interested in taking the code forward to be viable here).
> the code is still in subversion
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/dormant/.
>
> it's probably worth checking just to see if it does what you want.
>
> ASL2.0 is a pretty liberal library license so there isn't really any
> reason why you couldn't pick up the code and kick start development
> elsewhere (if it turns out to be useful to you).

We talked a while back about bringing graph2 into [math] and if there
is community interest in that idea, I would be willing to help with
that, as long as we keep it simple, sticking with just the ADT and
algorithms, staying away from the visualization / GUI stuff.

I would also be willing to help "revive" [graph2] if there is
sufficient interest in that independently.

Phil