commons-dev mailing list archives

From Elliotte Harold <>
Subject Unnecessary casts in Commons-Math
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:37:22 GMT
I loaded Commons-Math into Eclipse, which promptly complained about
numerous unnecessary casts. For example, this cast to double in

         Complex N = new Complex((double)n, 0.0);
         Complex N1 = new Complex((double)(n-1), 0.0);

If I submitted a patch to remove these unnecessary casts, would it be
likely to be accepted or rejected? Personally I find extra code like
this to be very ugly, but I know some programmers and projects like
these casts. If the commons-math policy is to use these, I'll set my
Eclipse project preferences to ignore this. If not I can patch it. What
do people prefer?

´╗┐Elliotte Rusty Harold

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: