commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Murphy <...@hilbertinc.com>
Subject Logging from JavaScript
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 15:20:40 GMT
I wrote some Ajax-based code that will enable logging from JavaScript
code to the logger of your choice.  I would like this to become part of
the Apache Logging or Commons project if it has sufficient merit.  How
would I approach getting in touch with the right people?  My friends,
Dion Gilliard and Noel Bergman suggested these two Apache e-mails.

Here is a sample of the application JavaScript.  It's pretty much what
you would expect:

var log = new Logger();

function init() {
    log.debug("Initializing 'searchForm:complete-field' autocomplete...");
      .
      .
      .
}

Given my appender, the output looks like:

2005-Oct-05 07:24:10.236 Level(Debug) Host(phineas) Instance(phineas)
Application(AEntendre Ajax Blueprint)
Component(org.aentendre.framework.ajax.LoggerServlet)
Initializing 'searchForm:complete-field' autocomplete...