commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Bug Fix Help wanted! (so we can release v3.2)
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:46:35 GMT
[Not relevant here, but might be an idea to make

     private boolean scanUntilRemovable;

final to avoid any untoward behaviour.]

Not sure if this is relevant, but the super-class AbstractHashedMap is
not thread-safe.

For example, the instance variable "size" is not protected against
multiple threads: the field size is not volatile, and it is not
accessed via synchronised methods.

Might be an idea to document which classes are intended to be thread-safe?

Also might be worth running the code against FindBugs in case that
gives more clues. I can perhaps do that tonight.

HTH.
Seb