commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] Commons-IO 1.1 RC1
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:24:14 GMT
Some minor points. Ignore if you don't agree  ...

The MD5 files have an upper-case .MD5, rather than the more usual .md5.

Also, the files don't contain the file name, which means that some
common md5 checking programs don't work, as they expect the sum to be
followed by <space>*filename

In case you want to change this, here is the Ant target we use in JMeter:

    <target name="_md5">
	<basename property="_base" file="${path}"/>
        <checksum file="${path}" property="md5"/>
   	<echo message="${md5} *${_base}" file="${path}.md5"/>
    </target>

Sample call:

    <antcall target="_md5">
	<param name="path" value="a/b/c/d.jar"/>
    </antcall>

HTH.