commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging from JavaScript
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:02:24 GMT
I don't have an opinion from the Logging side of things, but from the
JavaScript side, I have a few comments:

1) I'd want to know which JavaScript toolkit your code is based on. If it's
not based on one of the two or three most prominent ones, then I wouldn't be
interested, since having more than one Ajax implementation in client side
apps is, um, less than optimal.

2) The example you provided below suggests that your JavaScript code is not
namespaced. I would definitely want to see that change before I'd be happy
seeing it come here.

3) It might make more sense for this to be an add-on to one of the leading
JavaScript toolkits, rather than looking at this from a server-side
perspective. The JavaScript would be just a few lines of code using any of
those, so you could also consider multiple implementations.

and one on the server-side:

4) Is this its own servlet on the server side, that would need to be
configured for the web app? A Struts Action? Hooked into some other
framework? I'm assuming it's Java-only, but that seems like a limitation.

My 2 cents...

--
Martin Cooper