commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [pool] synchronization issues in Pool
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:41:16 GMT
On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 14:56 +0100, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> This looks interesting. I'll leave the pool comments to a pool
> developer. However, could adding a lot more synchronoization could cause
> other issues with locking and performance?

probably. however, IMHO an object pool really needs to be thread safe.
i've taken a quick look and think that perhaps it'd be better to fix any
race conditions as the performance price that has to be paid for the
design chosen. opinions?

are there any pool developers out there with time to pick this up?

otherwise, we could probably do with a volunteer to go through and
analyse these issues. anyone fancy taking a crack at this?

- robert