commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Logging from JavaScript
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:21:42 GMT
On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 14:02 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:

<snip>

> and one on the server-side:
>
> 4) Is this its own servlet on the server side, that would need to be
> configured for the web app? A Struts Action? Hooked into some other
> framework? I'm assuming it's Java-only, but that seems like a limitation.

IMHO to do this properly would mean creating a basic protocol
specification so that any compliant server could be used. would need to
think carefully about performance. alternative would be a bridging API
supplied dynamically by the server.

sounds like a better fit for the proposed jakarta web components
sub-project. where did that particular idea get to?

- robert