commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Validator 1.2.0 RC1
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:33:54 GMT
Don,

First, thanks for doing this. I have a few comments:

* xdocs/changes.xml - the change log needs updating to RC1 (with the date)
* xdocs/download.xml - we should include rc1 under the "development
releases" on the download page
* JDK Version - The jar indicates it was built with JDK 1.4 - for the same
reasons as here....

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg66582.html

....I would we prefer it was built with JDK 1.3 - even if there are no
issues with running it on JDK 1.3, I think it will make users feel more
secure to see JDK 1.3 in the jar's manifest, rather than 1.4

Also, not quite sure about voting on a RC1 - don't we just need to make it
available and announce it (as you have done) and then once its been out
there a while (1/2 weeks?) then call for a vote (assuming no issues arise)
on whether to cut a 1.2.0 release based on RC1?

Also, I would upload the web site to the proper place - that way anyone
going to the download page will see rc1 there available as a "development
release".

Niall