commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Nightly Build] Correcting Problems?
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:30:39 GMT
Thanks for the response Rahul, but both Validator's ant and maven build work
fine for me. The errors you're getting is probably because you don't have
build properties set up pointing to validator's dependencies.

After writing the above - I checked out your SCXML's build.xml - looks like
you're downloading the dependencies automatically and I need to update
validator to do the same.

Thanks

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:20 AM

On 10/14/05, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Commons Validator (and others - see below) doesn't have binary versions of
> the nightlies available:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-validator/
>
> I assume wherever they're being built the build is failing? Are the
nightly
> builds still running on Craig McClanahan's machine? If not can anyone
point
> me in the direction of how to check/resolve this?
<snip/>

Having done this recently, I know that the nightlies are running on
Craig's machine (unless this changed over the last week or two) and
they run ant (the requirement is 'ant clean dist' should produce the
required artifacts).

It appears the current validator ant build file is quite out of date.
Surprisingly, even a maven gen'd one failed to build for me.

The results are here:

http://people.apache.org/~rahul/validator/

I suspect there are similar issues with the rest of the components as
well. Abiding by the above requirement, the nightlies have worked well
for me.

-Rahul