commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE][restarted] Release Commons Email 1.0
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:13:48 GMT
Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> writes:

>Agree with Robert's comments and am also +0, with three additional comments=
>:

>* The ant build depends javamail 1.3.2, while the maven POM references 1.3.=
>3.=20
>The ant build should be updated to match the POM

Ok, will do.

>* It would be good to provide some instructions in the README, release note=
>s=20
>or web site on what users have to do to get javamail and activation manuall=
>y=20
>deployed locally so the maven and ant builds work.

There is some information on how to get javamail and activation in
RELEASE-NOTES.txt. If more information is wanted, patches are always
welcome.

>* Before cutting the final release, you should update the index.xml page to=
>=20
>eliminate the reference to RCs

Yes. The release will be "based on RC8", not "RC8 as 1.0". I will have
to change the references from RC8 to 1.0 anyway. Currently, I'm
waiting for Eric to call the vote to close and post a result.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42