commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject [email] Removing dependencies to commons-lang (Bugzilla # 36486)
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:59:27 GMT
Hi,

Stephen Colebourne raised the issue during the commons-email voting
that it would be a good thing to remove our dependency to
commons-lang. What is even better, he did not only raise concern but
actually went ahead and created a patch which does it. This is in
bugzilla as #36486.

I looked over it and I do like the concepts (it capsules all the
dependencies into a class called EmailUtils which is package private
and not accessible from the outside) and the implementation. I have
some minor issues with the name (EmailUtils is to generic to me) but
all in all I'd propose that we apply this patch and restart the
voting.

Opinions? I've tested it locally and it works fine.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42