commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-build] Site build problem
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 02:23:01 GMT

> On 9/12/05, Niall Pemberton
> <niall.pemberton@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > From: "Phil Steitz" <phil.steitz@gmail.com>
> >
> > They do, but including the commons "about us" menu before the component's
> > menu is in the commons-site.jsl
> >
> > commons-site.jsl has the following line:
> >
> > <jsl:applyTemplates
> select="$nav/body/menu[@type='header']"/>
> >
> > but site.jsl (from 1.9.2) has the following
> >
> > <x:if select="$nav">
> >     <jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[not(@type)
> | @type='header']
> > | $nav/body/search"/>
> > </x:if>
>
>  That is a mystery to me.  The  1.9.2 version looks like it should work to
> me, and it does if you remove the if test.  Could be a bug in the site.jsl.
> Maybe someone "jellier than me" can explain this.

This turned out to be a bug in the site.jsl.  A patch has been applied
to svn and this will be fixed in version 1.10 of the xdoc plugin.
Here is an example site generated using the patched plugin and
maven.xdoc.theme=classic
maven.ui.banner.background=#fff

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/classic.html

The nav entry "Commons Resources (Unofficial)" is too wide to fit (and
maven.ui.navcol.width seems to no longer do anything); but otherwise
this looks OK to me.  Others may have different opinions; but if this
looks good enough I would suggest that we tweak the menus, etc. to
work with this setup and migrate away from using custom style sheets.
We could get things working right away by just dropping the
"type='header'" from the About Us menu.

The big advantage of going this route is that we would then no longer
need to maintain commons-site.jsl, nor to copy the stylesheets out to
the distributions.

Phil